90 Uncommoners" font_container="tag:h1|text_align:center" use_theme_fonts="yes"][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/2"][vc_custom_heading text="Current (as of 2/19):
64 Uncommoners" font_container="tag:h1|text_align:center|color:%230057ba" use_theme_fonts="yes"][/vc_column]
Get excited – the 2017 CrossFit Open is here!
Starting this Saturday, February 25th for 5 Saturdays we will be gathering at Uncommon to throw down 5 grueling, but fun workouts. It’s time to test our fitness.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/2"][vc_wtr_youtube url="skUxFsTzZ4Q" size="640-480" resolution="medium" align="center" theme="light" autoplay="0"][/vc_column]
- Pay the $20.00 Fee
- Choose “CrossFit Uncommon” as your affiliate
- Choose “CrossFit Uncommon” as your team
- Visit our Games Affiliate Site to confirm your name is listed. If you do not see your name here make sure you did Step 2.
WEDNESDAY EVENING: Each week be signed up in ZenPlanner by the end of the night on Wednesday.
- If you are not signed up in ZenPlanner there is a good chance you will not be included in a heat. On Saturday if you show up without signing up, this will create logistical challenges so please help us out & make sure to sign up. There will be 3 time slots available: Friday, Saturday & Monday.
THURSDAY EVENING: WOD will be announced at 8:00pm
- You can watch the announcement online at games.crossfit.com
- We created a Facebook Group Page for the WOD Announcements last year and will bring it back this year. Request to join the group & enjoy conversing with your fellow Uncommoners about the WOD Announcement each week.
FRIDAY MORNING: Heats will be posted on our Blog & Facebook Page
- If you need to be put in an earlier or later heat on Saturday due to your schedule or if alternate times do not work for your schedule, please email email@example.com prior to Thursday morning.
FRIDAY EVENING / SATURDAY MORNING / MONDAY EVENING: Workout, Judge & then Post Score to your Games Athlete Profile
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title="Option 2: Friday 6:30pm" tab_id="1487466067611-b83ec52c-84e5"][vc_column_text delay="0"]Please plan to be at the box to warm-up on your own at 6:00pm. We will begin the athlete briefing at 6:30pm and start the workout promptly afterwards.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title="Option #3: Monday 6:30pm" tab_id="1487466384447-11b09829-a118"][vc_column_text delay="0"]Please plan to be at the box to warm-up on your own at 6:00pm. We will begin the athlete briefing at 6:30pm and start the workout promptly afterwards. Score submissions are due by Monday at 8:00pm so there will not be a lot of time so it will be important to stay on point.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title="Option #4: If the above options don't work" tab_id="1487466443093-5c335f80-f3d0"][vc_column_text delay="0"]Please email Crystal as soon as you know that none of these options will work for your schedule. You need to have a judge who has passed the Judges Online Course to validate.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_accordion][/vc_column]
To make Saturday go as smooth as possible, please follow these instructions:
- Friday morning heats will be posted. It is possible that we will divide the day up into 2 sessions, if so session 1 will need to arrive at 8:00am for the athlete briefing which will start promptly at 8:05am and first heat will start at approximately 8:20am. You need to attend the briefing as this is where we will cover the workout & movement standards to assure that everyone is on the same page to both participate and judge. If we do have 2 sessions, when the heats are announced on Friday, we will list the arrival time for the 2nd session athlete briefing.
- If you have a bag, please use the athlete areas downstairs & upstairs – do not place your bags anywhere you want – please keep them in the designated areas.
- Upon arrival, there will be a sheet in Auxiliary Room which will have your lane assignment and an area for you to mark if you are going to be doing Scaled or Rx’d.
- If you do not know what the Scaled option is – click here. This link also goes over the Movement Standards so if you do not know them, please review this link before you come in to do the workout (remember you need to judge the heat following so you will need to know the standards in order to judge correctly)
- Be prepared that you may end up in a lane with a barbell or a pull-up bar that you do not normally use. Sometimes in competition, circumstances are not perfect. Think of it as an opportunity to overcome a weakness.
- Warm-up area will be the Auxiliary Room. Please try to stay out of the Main Room as it will be setup for the workout.
- We will setup rowers for you to use
- We will have barbell stations with weights to warm up the movements that day
- Those who are in the next heat will have priority using the barbell stations
- The rig in in Auxiliary Room will be available
- We need you to judge the heat following the heat you are participating in – if you are in the last heat of that session, you will judge Heat #1
- After you have hit the workout and judged, you are free to leave. Of course, you are welcome to stick around and watch you fellow Uncommoners hit the workout too, but after judging you have no more responsibilities.
- If you have people coming to watch you – please let them know they can use the area upstairs to watch. The entire box floor will be used for the actual workout so they will not be able to be on the floor.