The 2019 CrossFit Open is almost here. Starting Saturday, February 23th for 5 Saturdays we will be gathering at Uncommon to for our annual test of our fitness.
Check out this video on the “Story of the Open”
THE DETAILS :
First things first – make sure you registered through the Official CrossFit Games site. If possible, we ask that you don’t wait until the last minute. Signing up now will help us plan.
- Pay the $20.00 Fee
- Choose “CrossFit Uncommon” as your affiliate
- Visit our Games Affiliate Site to confirm your name is listed. If you do not see your name here make sure you did Step 2.
SCALED VS RX DIVISIONS
Here is a great video of Dave Castro talking about the difference between the Scaled & RX Divisions.
THE ORDER OF EVENTS
WEDNESDAY EVENING: Each week be signed up in ZenPlanner by the end of the night on Wednesday.
- If you are not signed up in ZenPlanner there is a good chance you will not be included in a heat. On Saturday if you show up without signing up, this will create logistical challenges so please help us out & make sure to sign up. There will be 2 time slots available: Friday (ALL CLASSES) & Saturday
THURSDAY EVENING: WOD will be announced at 8:00pm
FRIDAY MORNING: Saturday Heats will be posted on our Blog & Facebook Page
- If you need to be put in an earlier or later heat on Saturday due to your schedule or if alternate times do not work for your schedule, please email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to Thursday morning.
FRIDAY ALL CLASSES & SATURDAY MORNING: Workout, Judge & then Post Score to your Games Athlete Profile
Option #1: Saturday 8:00am
Do whatever you can to sign up on Saturday. Saturdays at the box are electric – this is the time you want to throw down if you can make it work for your schedule! See Friday for additional notes.
Option 2: Friday ALL CLASSES
We are doing the same thing we did last year. ALL classes on Friday will be the OPEN WOD for that week. Classes will be ran in a way that every person has a judge. Therefore there is no excuse to not sign up for the Open!!
For those who plan to join us on Saturday for our main weekly event (again if you can make Saturday – you want to come Saturday – the atmosphere is truly electric) We will also be posting a WOD on the board to help get you ready for Saturday. Another option would be to come in Friday and hit the Open WOD to “test” it as Saturday will be your last chance to hit the Open WOD. Monday will not be an official option to redo the WOD this year. If you choose to redo on Monday, you will need to have a friend that has passed the Judges Course so they can validate your score or you can submit a video (read the rulebook here).
Bottomline: make sure you bring ready to bring your best on Saturday.
Option #3: If the above 2 options don’t work
To make Saturday go as smooth as possible, please follow these instructions:
- Friday morning heats will be posted. It is possible that we will divide the day up into 2 sessions, if so session 1 will need to arrive at 8:00am for the athlete briefing which will start promptly at 8:05am and first heat will start at approximately 8:20am. You need to attend the briefing as this is where we will cover the workout & movement standards to assure that everyone is on the same page to both participate and judge. If we do have 2 sessions, when the heats are announced on Friday, we will list the arrival time for the 2nd session athlete briefing.
- If you have a bag, please use the athlete areas downstairs & upstairs – do not place your bags anywhere you want – please keep them in the designated areas.
- Upon arrival, there will be a sheet in Auxiliary Room which will have your lane assignment and an area for you to mark if you are going to be doing Scaled or Rx’d.
- Be prepared that you may end up in a lane with a barbell or a pull-up bar that you do not normally use. Sometimes in competition, circumstances are not perfect. Think of it as an opportunity to overcome a weakness.
- Warm-up area will be the Auxiliary Room. Please try to stay out of the Main Room as it will be setup for the workout.
- We will setup rowers for you to use
- We will have barbell stations with weights to warm up the movements that day
- Those who are in the next heat will have priority using the barbell stations
- The rig in in Auxiliary Room will be available
- We need you to judge the heat following the heat you are participating in – if you are in the last heat of that session, you will judge Heat #1
- After you have hit the workout and judged, you are free to leave. Of course, you are welcome to stick around and watch you fellow Uncommoners hit the workout too, but after judging you have no more responsibilities.
- If you have people coming to watch you – please let them know they can use the area upstairs to watch. The entire box floor will be used for the actual workout so they will not be able to be on the floor.